Our mission is to foster leading edge materials research in critical areas of solar energy conversion and environmental protection through global cooperation and global leadership training.
Our research and education programs focus on four topical areas, with a cross-cutting focus on nano-structured materials:
Our education programs emphasize (a) the development of courses and lectures to be shared by our partners and (b) global leadership development for graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty.
- Solar to Electric Energy Conversion
- Solar to Fuel Energy Conversion
- Nanotoxicology / Control of air pollutants, combustion, aerosol processes; and
- Reduction and sequestration of CO2.
Programs and Activities
- Foster and coordinate international collaborative research among US, Chinese, and other global partners
- Use the complementary strengths of our partners to train the next generation of global leaders
- Establish vital multi-sector partnerships with academic, industry and government labs.
- Lead the development of shared research facilities and networking capabilities in support of our IMI-SEE mission, including a jointly funded US-China Global E-Institute for long-term collaborative research, education and networking among US and Chinese partners.
- International Networking Events: workshops, webcasts, symposia, etc.
- Development of educational materials for international use: courses, lectures, modules, etc.
- Leadership development schools for students, postdocs, and junior faculty
- Exchanges between the US and China: research visits, summer lecture visits, etc.
- Cyberinfrastructure Support: Online collaboration features for IMI members
Last Updated on Thursday, July 22 2010 14:09